Poetry, Unassigned

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Politics

Politics

by Robin Shwedo

©: Robin Shwedo, 2015, 2016



I like my morning coffee light

with a sweet roll on the side.

I'd take my whisky sour

but I never want to hide.

There's way too much duplicity

to let the b.s. slide,

Especially with the trash-talkers

trying to take us for a ride.



The first four lines were written a while back, while the remainder was written within the last week. It's part of a growing collection titled Painted Words.



Note: Please check out my Kickstarter campaign, which is in its final week. It's an all-or-nothing deal - meaning if the campaign doesn't reach its goal, none of the money is sent along. This is to help fund a documentary on homelessness, following 2 - 3 people as they struggle to get off the street. Backing starts at $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment