Poetry, Unassigned

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

THE JOURNEY

THE JOURNEY

by Robin Shwedo

©: Robin Shwedo, 1995



It seems funny,

in a strange funky way,

seeing you head out the door

- again -

to go traveling.

You,

dependent on me for so long,

have developed a restless streak,

taken care of by the constant movement of your van.

You come by your nature honestly,

Viking blood on one side,

Blackfoot on the other,

restless spirits on both sides.

(My side coming to mind

with many souls

braving the seas

to find peace, adventure and a common middle ground.)

As those who went before you,

you search out what is real

to give meaning to life’s journey.

And so,

while the path you blaze may not be mine,

I wish you well,

peace,

while enjoying the highlights you care to share,

trying not to worry about what you censor,

even as I censor from those who went before me.



This was written for my oldest son, who seemed to have an adventurous side. This is in my collection titled Revolutionary Broads and Other Nightmares, which is looking for a publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment