Poetry, Unassigned

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, April 22, 2022

Grey

GREY

by Robin Shwedo

©: Robin Shwedo, 1995



All the color has gone out of my life.

The world seems grey,

dull,

and soundless.

The occasional sound and spot of color

are gaudy,

an affront to the senses.

A downpour of Biblical proportions would suit me fine;

in fact, it would be a pleasant diversion,

appropriate to my mood.

Strange how love thrown away, tossed aside

can make the world seem so grey

that nothing happy feels right.

Even when “love” is verbally stated merely as “friend”,

if love is what is felt,

love is what it is;

when abandoned for temporary fun,

all color leaves,

at least for those scorned.

And so,

I await the rain;

and when it is over,

when I finally rebuild,

I will guard myself

against all grey.

Including love.



Most of us, at one time or another, have had a relationship that we thought might be the one but that shortly implodes. No matter how long or short that relationship was, it can be painful. But in the end, when the right person comes along, and sticks around, it can be so much sweeter.

This comes from my collection titled Revolutionary Broads and Other Nightmares, which is looking for a publishing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment